Wednesday, 12 September 2007
Hints for living
I declare myself inspired by both
ranting dyke: http://ranting-dyke.insanejournal.com/
and tigresslilly: http://tigresslilly.insanejournal.com/ .
Kudos and thanks.
Hints for survival while employed by a human servitude agency:
1. Keep looking for another more saner job. Sanity of existence is one benefit that you will never hear about at your human servitude agency. Sanity of existence is priceless.
2. Don't go to office parties or dinners unless you wish to be accosted by the c.e.o who absolutely must dance with you while the d.j. is playing "It's Your Thang. Do what you want to do..." and experience him shaking his thang. Alcohol does not account for all random acts of bad behavior.
3. Remember that you have a life. The other workers do not know this. Keep it up front. Say no to overtime. If you never say no, then your yesses won't mean anything at all.
4. The people you work with and for are not your buddies. When push comes to shove, they will rat you out in order to gain brownie points. Anyone who says, "Trust no one here. Except for me." upon first introductions should be watched.
5. You are expendable. When you wind up in a car wreck, the human servitude agency will quickly forget that you too are human. Instead, they will call you and argue with you about meaningless paperwork when you are sleeping 20 hours a day because now you have a traumatic brain injury. They will also fax you a safety committee form to the place where your mate works. The form will ask, "How can this accident be avoided in the future?" Knowing that the answer is something akin to, "Ensure that all those who get stoned are picked up by the magic bus instead of being allowed behind the wheel of an automobile," give the paper to your lawyer so he can promptly lose it. When you are down and out, the human servitude agency will not watch your back. You are an insurance
liability now. All insurance companies wish you would go away or drop dead and so does your former employer.
Hints for getting over your loss of a career after a bad car wreck and traumatic brain injury:
1. The helping agency which is supposed to help you get gainful employment that you can do is also a human servitude agency. Remember that. Do not allow any organization or person to take control of your life and how it's gonna be. Advocate for you. There is a high probability that no one else there will.
2. Get rid of toxicity, especially toxic people wherever and whenever you can. They are a strain on the brain. Become involved in disability culture instead.
3. To badly paraphrase the folks at http://www.biausa.org/aboutbi.htm , life is different after a traumatic brain injury. It is still very much a life. Celebrate life.
4. Surround yourself with cute doctors. Fire all ugly docs and replace them with eye candy. When you don't feel well anyways, pretty helps immensely.
5. You are not expendable. You are sacred. Remember this always.
9/11 came and went. I woke up wanting to cry. It is six years later. I grieve for all of us having to live on this planet and trying to kill each other off.
9/08 came and went. 9/8 is my birthday but not the day I was born in a hospital. I have been free from active drug addiction [including the drug alcohol] since 9/8/80.
spike q. itching for a coffee