Saturday 30 June 2007

All about Missy


Welcome to one of my blogs. I love this place. It is my place to vent about politics, Bush, the war, the injustices in life that I see daily and my personal struggles. I do not post as often here as I should but I will try harder, I promise.

I am a very out lesbian and I write often about GLBT issues. I am more than just a lesbian but it is a big part of my life.

I love and live with the woman of my dreams, Kristy. She is the strongest, most amazing individual I have ever had the distinct pleasure of knowing.

I work for Kristy's parents doing just about anything they need in their contracting business. I love it there and it affords me the opportunity to get to know my in-laws better every day. I love them and the feeling is certainly mutual.

I have three children. My oldest daughter is almost 17 and I have another daughter that is almost 16. My son is only 4. They live with my ex-partner in California.

I live in an absurdly tiny town I affectionately refer to as Planet Streator in Illinois. I really love it here. It is small with only a population of approximately 14,000. The best thing about Streator is that I can drive down the road and see small children having lemonade stands on their sidewalks and no one is freaking out about whether they will be kidnapped or robbed. Small town America is glorious.

It will not take you long to see what my stance is on political issues. I am a self-professed politico. So be it.

I also have a mental illness. I have schizoaffective disorder and borderline personality disorder. I am in therapy and doing great. I would definitely consider myself stable.

I have fabulous supportive parents. My mother and stepfather live in South Dakota and my father and stepmother live in Texas. I have siblings all over the country. My family loves me and supports me in all my doings and goings. Blessed Be indeed!

Finally, I am Pagan. A solitary practitioner that is relatively new to the craft. I am learning day by day and I write about that as well.

I am a knowledge-driven person and I will not change that for anyone. It is who I am and what I am. Take me or leave me, your choice.

My favorite quote, "I tried seeing your point of view but I couldn't get my head that far up my ass."

1 comment:

sapphoq said...

Well met.
Welcome to one of the most interesting places on the net where we do not all always agree but we remain friends.

I went to Gay Pride this year in Portland Maine. Perfect weather and I had a great time.

During my jaunt cross-country, I spent a few days in Mt. Vernon, Illinois.

Small towns can be sometimes gossipy and mostly charming.

spike